The Equity Exchange was privileged to have Dr. John Chubb share his wisdom with the inaugural cohort in July 2015. As a national leader on education and school improvement, Dr. Chubb shared with us the challenge and reward of pursuing equity and justice in all school settings public, charter and independent. While saddened by his passing, we are forever appreciative for his contributions in support of The Equity Exchange and more importantly every student, family and school his leadership and work continue to reach. We hope you will join us in honoring his life.
Below are the arrangements announced by NAIS with additional links offering more information...
So that all who would like to attend or participate may do so, here is information about funeral services, condolences, and memorial donations for NAIS President John Chubb. He passed away November 12.
- The viewing will be on Saturday, November 21, from 10:00 a.m. to noon at the Radzieta Funeral Home, 9 Hand Avenue, Cape May Court House, New Jersey.
- The funeral service will begin at 1:00 p.m. Saturday, November 21, at the First United Methodist Church of Avalon, 3344 Dune Drive, Avalon, New Jersey. Interment will be private.
- Condolences may be shared through the Radzieta Funeral Home website.
- Donations in John’s memory may be made to the Melanoma Research Foundation, 1411 K Street, NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20005.
All of us at NAIS are grateful for the time we have had with John. We will celebrate his life and legacy at the NAIS People of Color Conference in December and at the NAIS Annual Conference in February.
- For more on John's life and work, view the NAIS Bulletin.