One of the 2015 Exchange highlights will be an Educators Panel consisting of leaders from both private and public schools. During the panel discussion, we will address the opportunities and challenges experienced in both environments. Panelists will address questions derived from earlier sessions around perceptions and stereotypes commonly associated with public and private school education.
Our featured panelists include:
- Dr. John Chubb, President, National Association of Independent Schools
- Dr. Kelvin Adams, Superintendent, Saint Louis Public Schools
- Dr. Maureen Dowling, Director, Office of Non-Public Education, U.S. Department of Education
- Brittany Packnett, Executive Director, Teach for America - St. Louis
- Andy Abbott, Head of School, John Burroughs School
The Equity Exchange is an intimate cohort of experienced administrators, staff, teachers and practitioners in public, private, and independent schools.
The Exchange will bridge theory and practice to explore concepts, methods and skills that will strengthen participants’ abilities to lead strategic initiatives and facilitate tough systemic conversations.
The Exchange will provide space, community, safety, support and structure for participants to engage in essential public/private conversations about the future state of our practice.